Friday, June 22, 2012

Recording Progress of " Through the Night"

Overtime hours at work have slowed down progress of recording my latest song. Yesterday I was able to setup my new interface but not without running into the typical issues of installing drivers. The drivers that shipped with my Lexicon Alpha interface were causing my CPU to freeze when I set the audio I/O to ASIO. After searching the web for solutions I found out that Lexicon had updated its drivers and then downloaded them from, This did the trick and it works like a charm. I even optimized my CPU by shutting of Windows Media Services which were causing some audio drops. Now I don't have to open Resource Monitor and manually stop the WMI process everytime I use my DAW.
With all this in place I can now start working out vocals, bass & whatever else my crazy mind feels may fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment